Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Special Treats






On Valentines Day the children wake up to find a little note and treat at their seat at the table - Smart Food popcorn for Thomas, Chocolate bars for Nolan and Abraham, Smarties for Isaac, and little heart boxes of chocolate for Abby and Sarah.

My sweetheart left me a bar of organic dark chocolate - my favorite.  Just a bit was delicious with my morning coffee.  Mike also brought me home a beautiful single rose - the natural food store had somebody selling them for a fundraiser.

Much of the normal goings on are planned for today - but in addition, Sarah and I are going to embroider hearts on some fabric for napkins, I am going to bake a chocolate cake with pink and red sprinkles (at Abraham's request), and Mike and I are going to enjoy a quiet dinner (well, we will see how quiet it will be....) after the children are done eating and they head upstairs to watch a movie.

Wishing you a day filled with lots of "I Love Yous".

Warm wishes,
Tonya

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourself today Tonya! It promises to be a very blessed day :)
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your dinner together! What a sweet valentines tradition your family has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lovely day! Happy St. Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the recipe for a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete