Friday, January 2, 2015

An Accomplishment - Knitting

(Claret Cowl in Quince  & Co. chickadee, Carrie's Yellow)

Because I am generally unable to sit down and concentrate for long stretches of time (really even more than a minute), I have avoided knitting patterns that involved counting. 
But, I have really wanted to knit pretty things and challenge myself more in my knitting.

Well thanks to the Claret Cowl pattern, I can do it!
I don't know why I never thought of this and maybe this is obvious to you - but, for the stitch repeats within a row, this pattern has put stitch markers between each repeat.  So simple and now I can quickly count (up to 11 in this pattern) if I have to get up to help Emmy go to the bathroom, take the bread out of the oven, answer a question, etc.... instead of having to count from the beginning of the row.

I am looking forward to trying another pretty pattern.  

10 comments:

  1. It is very lovely and delicate looking. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty! I don't know what I would do without my stitch markers for the very same reason.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just lovely! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful!! Can't wait to see all your pretty knits for "2015"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonya, that looks so soft and pretty! I know what you mean about complicated patterns...I find there is never the time to sink my teeth into a detailed project when I am being a mama around the house. But at night, I can do a little before bed, and that is my "thinking" time to follow patterns. So, during the day, I do more mindless knitting, and at night, I get out the more fun stuff! Now I must go look up this pattern ~ thank you for adding to my wish list.
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunny colour...looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, it turned out very nice! I totally understand what you mean about needing simple patterns. I gave up complicated Aran and lacework a decade ago - it isn't possible to knit for long blocks of time with a gaggle of children and loads of housework, and I was forever getting interrupted and losing my place and making mistakes. I'm working on two lace shawls right now, but they are progressing at a snail's pace, as I only get a few rows knit after the kids are in bed. Looking forward to seeing your new knitted pieces this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful. Great job. I had a similar breakthrough when trying a bit of lace over the holidays. I ran a coloured piece of yarn through my row after I finished each repeat (I was working many many short rows rather than in the round) I could easily see where I was in my pattern. Then after I finished a section, I moved the coloured yarn up my work. Thanks for sharing your tip.

    ReplyDelete