Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Knitting and Reading

Happy to be joining in with Ginny today for the Yarn Along.

I have been reading off and on this great book which validates what my heart has told me about parenting but is from a Christian perspective and includes practices that are not so common to hear in the more mainstream conservative Christian circles... but instead  provides grace-filled and gentle solutions.

I am knitting baby things for a young woman at church that is expecting in November. 
Both the socks and bonnet are knit with baby alpaca yarn from Knit Picks.
The sock pattern is from a knitting book I borrowed from the library, More Last Minute Knitted Gifts and the cap is the Modern Baby Bonnet from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies (I own a copy of this book and turn to it over and over again).

5 comments:

  1. What joy Tonya, to have a book that continues to bless you each time you turn the pages. I am raising my children with grace filled and gentle solutions and so far, it is working! :) My sons are both young men and the relationship I have with them is just precious. What a wonderful gift you are making....the baby will be warm and comfortable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet little booties and hat. I do have that same book on my shelf and need to use it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful knitting Tonya! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those socks are just darling! how lovely! God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those little socks! And the blue/green yarn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete