Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Knitting and Reading


I am knitting another little top down sweater with a pattern from Elizabeth Zimmermann's book, Knitter's Almanac.

This one I am making more of the yoke in garter stitch and then am going to switch to a shade of purple for the rest of the body and make long sleeves.

I am ready a really great book that I found at a library book sale,  As soon as I read the recommendation on the back by Barbara Kingsolver, I was hooked.  It is a memoir in which the author at age 50, questions many widely held assumptions of our culture.  While I certainly don't agree with all of her views, I appreciate her rawness, her honesty, and her beautiful writing.  Has anyone read this?  I would love to hear what you thought.

Here is a quote:
"Sometimes speedy life whizzes you along so fast that nothing registers, like landscape from a speeding car or meaning in a speed-read text, so that every saving in time is paid for in lost experience."

Joining Ginny today.

3 comments:

  1. lovely little cardi...the new one you're working on sounds equally lovely! The book sounds intriguing; please share more when you're finished. :) Enjoying these last weeks of summer and hope you are, too.
    xo Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little sweater! Kind of makes me want to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long have you been knitting? I bought a teach myself to knit book. I use to knit with my grandmother when I was little. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete