Wednesday, May 17, 2023

A New Path

 I wrote and published what I have cut and pasted below, on a new blog I was going to start on November 3, 2018.  Over the years since, much has changed yet much remains the same.  This will be more of the direction that this blog will take as my children are getting older now - Emily, our youngest, turns 12 this year.  We are still on our farm in Vermont, have one grandson with another on the way and life, overall, is wonderful.  But so much happened over the pandemic that has changed me in so many ways and has  made me stronger - I plan to  share my story, share my research, and share my quest for creating as Charles Eisenstein says, "the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible".  


Here is what I wrote on November 3, 2018 - 

As I sit writing from our living room on this rainy dark November afternoon, many thoughts are going through my head.  It seems that so many people, including myself, take what the media says at face value and that the media has become so polarized that many of us are simply left wondering what to believe.   I am  starting a blog to post my thoughts and articles I plan to write as I spend time researching areas of interest.  I am specifically interested in exposing hypocrisy, questioning norms, and creating thoughtful discussion by asking questions which I am sure I will often not be able to answer.


At the age of 49, our youngest child of 7 is now 7 years old.  We still homeschool the three youngest and run our online handwork business and are starting a small farm on our new farm in central Vermont.  Over many of the last 20 years, our family has often chosen a nonconventional path.  We have been mostly home based as far as work and school and have not chosen to put the acquisition of status or stuff as a priority. 

During the 2016 presidential primaries, Bernie Sanders woke me up politically.  I had been only marginally following any type of governmental race in the past.  My husband and I watched rally after rally.  While the mainstream media were not covering them, we found them on youtube and kept up with his schedule.   When we learned of the extreme corruption in the Democratic party that potentially denied Bernie Sanders the nomination, I became angry and determined to do something.  With my family and business obligations taking up most of my time, I didn't do anything much concrete except reply to some tweets or instagram posts or wrote up some blog posts and social media posts of my own.

I don't know if I will run for office someday, but that is a possibility.  At this time, I just want to share an alternative view that perhaps you might not hear from many other outlets. 

Warmly,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment