Monday, October 14, 2019

Harvest Festival

Sarah with brought one of her chickens.

 Abe and Emily

 needlefelting

 Emily doing the pumpkin on a spoon race.

 Emily

Abe


 Friends working on the cider pressing.

Emily hugging the sweet baby goat.

We moved to the most amazing small town in the world.... at least I think so.   The community is full of caring, involved people that work hard to serve one another.  This past Saturday, the non profit organization in town (which Mike and I have become involved with), but on a Harvest Festival that is geared toward the children. 

There was the cider pressing, the reading of Stone Soup while two cast iron pots of soup boiled over the open fire.  There were donuts from a string, fiddlers, a petting zoo with the sweetest little baby goats, caramel apples, a bouncy house, and more.   I brought wool to do needle felting and it was truly rewarding to see the joy in the children's faces (and adults!) as the wool became a work of art.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always delighted when I see you've put up another post, Tonya. I miss the days when you posted often, but I understand so well how life gets busier and busier as the children grow up...and my how yours have grown! I can't recognize them! Thank you for sharing these lovely photos of your Harvest Festival. It seems you did indeed move to an amazing town. What a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura! Oh how are you and your family doing? Yes, we are all well here - only 3 under 18 years old now, so hard to believe. It is funny, though, that even though I don't have little ones under foot, it seems that life is just as busy and full. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete