Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Blue Jay, Hobo, Man in Black, Pumpkin and Cowboy

Our children get so excited about Halloween each year. Talk was overheard as soon as the end of summer about costume plans.

This year each of them made and put together their own.  I have nothing creative to show you from my hands, it was all them this year. Abby even helped Abraham gather what he needed and she helped Sarah cut out her pumpkin shape and paint the cardboard.

the man in black from The Princess Bride

a hobo

pumpkin and cowboy


Abby consulting the bird book as she paints her face.

(Isaac wasn't feeling well, but he did manage to put on his old man's costume  together enough to go out with the others, but I wasn't able to snap a picture.)

Also, our family's business is part of a Vermont handmade team on etsy and we are offering a giveaway for  branch hooks and coasters at the team blog here.


10 comments:

  1. OH Tonya, wonderful costumes! I must say I especially love Abby as a blue jay! Ollie had considered being a blue jay! <3
    Great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have very creative children! They did a fantastic job on their costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love all of the costumes! Homemade/home-put-together are my favorites. And that is one impressive Man in Black, I must say! I love that movie, although I have to say that I haven't read the book (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. the man in black! that is my most favorite movie of all time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun! I love that your children made their costumes.

    Namaste, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love love love the princess bride:)
    great costumes:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such fun is jumping out at me from your photos! Every costume is so creative and special...and done all by your children. Well crafted, young ones. And I agree, your man in black looks just like Wesley from the movie. So does my husband, too! Really!!!
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet!! love the blue jay, and the conscious thought that went into its preparation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great costumes! I remember dressing as a hobo-my Dad would light a piece of cork and use the blackened end to give me a beard:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great costumes! What a creativr crowd you have!
    Luciana

    ReplyDelete