Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Knitting and Reading


I am on my third ball of yarn for the blanket - the new color is called Phoebe from Peace Fleece.

Also just wanted to share how much I am enjoying using Melisa and Erik Nielsen's curriculum with Sarah -  A Journey Through Waldorf Homeschooling - affordable, interesting, simple to implement, and perfect for the way she learns.



I am knitting Emmy a spring sweater using a pattern from The Sitting Tree, Mira.  I think this is going to become my new favorite sweater pattern - simple yet functional.  The yarn was some from my stash.  I think it is a 75/25 blend of acrylic/wool from my local yarn shop.

The book is an Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski.  This goes against my usual calming before sleep read, but it is really good and hard to put down!  It is amazing what one person can do to change another's life and it is also sad and horrifying to think about the harsh conditions tens of thousands perhaps hundreds of thousands of the children in  this country have to endure in their daily lives, usually in the inner cities.

Looking forward to all of the sharing today at Ginny's Yarn Along.

10 comments:

  1. Wow I am loving your knits! Waldorf is so terrific. I don't homeschool, but I like using parts of Waldorf as I supplement my children's schooling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your knitting a blanket..so does that mean you got your circulars...I hope so! There are so many new knitting projects you can make with a good pair of circulars. Please share your blanket when finished:)

    Blessings to you,

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the curriculum intro, I will have to take a look at it. Love the colour of the spring sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that purple/heathery yarn is yummy. Love that you're finding time to nourish you! I'm needing to start my next book club read, but it's a mystery and I'm a bit leary to start it right before bed....but that seems the only free time I can find to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to live long enough to read and knit all the things I want to! :) Love the colour scheme of the top picture...all warm colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knit a hat with some Peace Fleece not too long ago! Loved it. And you're right - our books do sound similar. An Invisible Thread sounds really good - I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be exciting to see your blanket progressing!

    I've eyed that Mira pattern before - my youngest is named Mira. I'm glad to hear how much you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that blanket looks wonderful. how are you liking that curriculum? i have toyed with using that one. love yarn choice for the sweater as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sad that you didn't add my comment yesterday..was it because I didn't have time to log in as my user address...I quickly added my name...and didn't stay anonymous...

    I just wanted to see if you were using circulars on your blanket..you have inspired me to cast on one:)

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tonya,
    That Waldorf homeschooling book looks good and I'm loving your little sweater so far.

    Love,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete