Monday, June 1, 2009

Learning At Home




The joy of home learning was made obvious today when after listening to a program on NPR about linguistics, my two teenage sons began developing their own language.

Only minutes later, Isaac, our ten year old, came inside showing me some maple he had cut into play house lengths and tied up with a layer of bark. He also took the inner layer of bark to make "paper" out of and he was able to write on it.

While we have formal learning each day, much of the day is spent in discovery and reading and following one's interests (of course, after their chores are done as well).

2 comments:

  1. Hands on learning...there really is nothing like it, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I am Gina from Malachi 4:6. I have been reading your blog from sometime. And really enjoy reading it alot!

    I have recently been given an award for my blog and I would like to pass it on to you!

    Please check out my blog, I have listed your blog as one of the blogs I really enjoy reading!

    http://malachi4-black.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete