I enjoyed doing some lettering and painting on our birch slices.
Monday, October 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Over the the Last Few Days
Over the weekend we worked on our property, went for a hike at Camden Hills (gorgeous ocean view), and worked on some handwork. Yesterday,...
-
I decided to delete yesterday's post, perhaps in haste, due to some thoughtless comments from an "anonymous" person. I nearly...
-
(Joining in with Ginny this week for the Yarn Along because knitting and reading are two of my favorite things to do.) On our way home from...
Lovely letters!
ReplyDeleteCathyT
It's beautiful, Tonya!
ReplyDeleteTonya, this is so beautiful! I don't know how you woodburn so fluidly. I bought a little woodburning kit for about $15 and for the life of me, I can't seem to make it work well. Everything is blotchy and uneven...not very much control with it. Do you have suggestions?
ReplyDeletexo Jules
Hi Jules,
DeleteI actually use the $15.00 set from Grizzly.com but we take the tip that comes with it and Mike grinds it down (sands it) so it is rounded. I will have to get a picture for you - I have one burner with a thicker tip and one with a thinner point - and both he sanded to a rounded point.
I hope that makes sense.
Warmly,
Tonya
The letters are lovely!
ReplyDeleteThese are just stunning Tonya :0) Would you do some for your shop?
ReplyDeleteHi Mari,
DeleteI did add them to our vermontbranchcompany.etsy.com shop - but they are expensive because each letter takes quite awhile.
Blessings,
Tonya
So very pretty ✳
ReplyDeleteFiona
I love this!! I am not sure If I have told you about Raverly all the knitting and crochet goodness. So many great ideas for Christmas. I also didn't know if you bought your Kindle. I just found out there is a app you can now borrow books from your local library. Free books, movies and auto books....This has made a great week for me!!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!