Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finished Sweater and a Good Read


Finished this little wool crocheted cardigan.  
The pattern can be found in this shop.
I love the little mock Fair Isle detailing.
The green-mustard color was from onion skin dyeing.
The buttons are crocheted as well.

I am reading, True North,  A Journey into Unexplored Wilderness by Elliot Merrick. 
After reading about this book here, I ordered a used 
copy from Amazon.
I so enjoy true stories of adventure, about people living a life
of their own making.

Joining in with Ginny today.


7 comments:

  1. Your sweater is so pretty.
    True North sounds like a book I would enjoy and I just added it to my list, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely color... The book sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing. m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, your sweater turned out so, so cute. I love that you dyed the yarn with onion and need to try that myself. I have just the skein... Stories of adventure and self-determination are always good reads; thanks for the recommendation. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty, the fair isle bit is a lovely touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweater is sweet and pretty--love the crocheted buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sweater is beautiful, Tonya. I just started this book last night and I'm devouring every word. It seems to be a very poignant story for this time of life. I hope it helps inspire some healing in your life right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link, Tonya. So glad you're enjoying the book. We just learned of his other book, called Green Mountain Farm. It's about the years after Labrador, when he and Kay moved to VT (Craftsbury, I'm pretty sure) to run a small farm during the Depression. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete