Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kale Salad



With the kale thriving in our garden right now and a bit of inspiration from a farm stand stop on our weekend getaway, I have a new fall favorite, kale salad.
Why didn't I ever think of this before?

Simply chop up your kale, add your favorite dressing combination, some finely chopped sweet pepper (we still have some green peppers hanging on in the garden, but red peppers would look pretty), and a bit of minced garlic and chopped feta.

Simple and so good for you.


9 comments:

  1. I love kale salad. I typically do a massaged kale salad with olive oil and lemon juice and tomatoes, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kale gets really tender if you knead the dressing in with your hands. i love it with a vinegrette like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look good. I am getting to make some feta today but it takes about 6 days to be ready to eat it. My kale should be coming in good by then. Thanks for the yummy idea. I also want to make some white bean soup with kale. Sounds like a good soup for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am sitting here with my mouth hanging open. I always have kale in the house for juicing and stir fry, but never thought to make a salad from it. I now know what I'm doing for dinner tonight. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Kale! My family just recently discovered how good it is. This salad sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum, so good and good for you. :) I sometimes add dried cranberries to my kale salad, and definitely love feta on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds so yummy, and we still have some kale in the garden. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kale is quite yummy! especially when you add Parmesan cheese to the mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kale salad is a favourite here. Try massaging the kale with avocado first...so delish!

    ReplyDelete