Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Weekend

a picnic


swimming at the creek


making stir fry with veggies from our gardens



making Lemon Yogurt Cake

Lemon Yogurt Cake

5 T. softened or melted butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 cup lemon yogurt

2  cup flour (I used 1 cup of white, 1 cup of wheat)
1t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt

Beat togther all of the liquid ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.

Pour into a greased and floured pan and bake at 350 degrees until a knife inserted in the middle comes clean.


enjoying the beauty around our pond


It's nice that we have our whole family back together now - Nolan is home after working as a junior counselor and Thomas and Isaac returned after spending 10 days with the grandfather in Massachusetts. 
Although, the food disappears at a much more rapid rate, the music echoes down from upstairs throughout much of the day, and the work load may seem greater at times, I am so thankful to have them all home again and to enjoy the unique gifts that each brings to our family.

Warm wishes,
Tonya

16 comments:

  1. That cake sounds delicious! I don't have lemon yoghurt but I am sure that just adding some lemon would do the trick. A perfect cake for a summer's day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya looks like a perfect weekend! I just got my babies back as well, so happy to have them home. And thanks for the yummy recipe, I think I know what I'm doing later:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful words about having your family together again. Looks like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! looks like a fabulous time... have a lovely week,
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice weekend... funny, I seem to have your very same cutting board here in Italy, where I am back at my little flat, full of my Italian stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello there, beautiful family!
    what a lovely weekend you've had! And I'd like to try that cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks easy and yummy ~ going to try it tomorrow ~ thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pond is just gorgeous! Glad the birdies are all back at the nest...

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for the warmer weather! Have a blessed week.
    Julia (in New Zealand)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a wonderful summer weekend! Your little pond area is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your family is so beautiful! I love that pic!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Tonya...Indeed, a mama's dream is to have her children gathered round the hearth. Happy days to you! Oh, and what a wonderful space you live in:)
    xo Jules

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your weekend looks like it was fun and beautiful. Love the veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this recipe! Today is our 8yr anniversary and it looked like a wonderful way to celebrate. I'll let you know how it turned out..it's still in the oven :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like you guys had a fabulous weekend. Your pond is indeed very beautiful (I have pond envy right now!) and hooray for having all of your children home with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazingly creative and beautiful family you have! I feel inspired. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete