Friday, May 21, 2010

Knitting Project of Love and the Winner

Nicole, from Gardenmama, made a wonderful place, The Wellness Tree, to lift Kelly up in prayer and support when she learned of Kelly's diagnosis. Kelly recently passed on and left her loving husband, Matt, and son, Ari.

I felt moved to help organize a knit quilt that would involve women knitting 6 inch squares and then I will sew them all together to present to Ari. This quilt will be an expression of love and support from a community of women that care. You can read more here.

I will be collecting the squares until June 15th.

Warm wishes, Tonya

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The winner of The Waldorf Connection giveaway is Tiff from the Folded Gingham blog.
Congratulations!

6 comments:

  1. tonya, i will be joining you in knitting a square for ari. thanks for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift this will be to Matt and Ari. Thank you for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This gift will be so full of love and beauty! I will be happy to contribute, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog. I really enjoy reading yours. Check my post for today and give me your input if you have time. Thanks,
    Konnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful idea!
    I have something for you and your lovely blog over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm sad to hear about Kelly dying. I'm very sorry for her husband and little boy. You have come up with a wonderful idea for helping them. Somehow, when you can make things, and make your love tangible, you can feel as though you really are helping, are ameliorating sorrow and producing healing. love, Beth

    ReplyDelete