Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Knitting and Reading and Blogging Again


I thought joining in with Ginny's yarn along would be a good way to get blogging again.

Life is just so busy right now - working outside (yeah finally a day reaching nearly 70 on Monday, but back to a few inches of snow this morning), addressing wedding invitations with pen and ink, keeping up with some simple home school lessons, getting over a 24 hour bug (oh - this was the worst thing I have ever experienced and would rather give birth than go through this any day), Sarah's 10th birthday last Thursday, lots of extra visitors for meals, and more.

So as far as knitting goes, I have knit a little Kina sweater.  
Details:
Little Kina (free pattern)
Size 8 needles
DK weight wool yarn from Peace Fleece that I hand dyed last summer
I cast on 54 stitches.

The next one  I am working on was cast on size 7 needles with DK weight yarn from Peace Fleece.  I cast on 70 stitches to start and adjusted everything accordingly in the pattern.
If you want a simple pattern this is it!

I found White Goats and Black Bees by Donald Grant at our little library.  It was written in 1974 and is about a year in the life of two Americans (former journalists) who bought a farm in Ireland.  I am really enjoying it.

What are you reading and knitting?

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're feeling better. Worse than childbirth? That must have been nasty! Anyway, nice to hear from you again :)
    Marney

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweaters are beautiful! That book looks very interesting. I am going to check my library for a copy. I've been crocheting bunny finger puppets. :-)

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet sweaters! They look soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet sweaters! They look soft and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read that book a few months ago, I enjoyed it as well! The little sweater looks super simple and very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sweater - very similar to the In Threes that I just finished for my little babe. The book sounds really interesting - great title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings to all your family at Easter....you must be so looking forward to being outside in the warm sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read that books years ago and also enjoyed it. I must try and find it again.

    ReplyDelete