Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Preparing for a Birthday and Easter

We had a several years old Ukranian Egg Decorating Kit and while it was a bit too much for these guys, Abby  did enjoy adding some wax outlines.

They blew the eggs out, which was quite a sight to see.  And then using cotton swabs, they applied the dyes directly to the eggs.



Joining in with Ginny's Yarn Along, I am making good progress on Sarah's crocheted blanket for her bed and we are enjoying this beautiful book - the illustrations are wonderful.  It is also nice how they used cursive writing, which will probably be a lost art in our lifetime or the next.
I am looking forward to reading about other's book recommendations today through the Yarn along, as I need a new book for myself. 


Sarah has also requested these needle felted chickens she saw in the spring edition of Living Crafts.  She is our chicken girl, and I look forward to making them for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment