Monday, March 14, 2011

What to Do When I Am Alone at Home for 30 Hours?

 Saturday morning Mike left with all six children to bring them down to my father's in Massachusetts.  Abby and Isaac are going to Florida with my dad and Thomas and Nolan are going to New York City with my mom and then to stay with good friends for a few days.  I stayed home to keep the woodstove going and care for the animals, and.... maybe have a little quiet time for over 24 hours for the first time in 12 years.
What did I do?

cut fabric squares


worked on orders for our business

picked out colors from what I had to begin crocheting Sarah a blanket large enough for her twin bed for her birthday gift

Enjoyed a dinner of organic bulgur, leftover local pasture raised steak, and organic carrots in a beautiful wooden bowl made by this family.




Made the Buttermilk Chocolate Cake recipe from my new book - Forgotten Skills of Cooking -  to share with Mike and the littles when they returned home.



I am grateful that the four oldest have this week to experience some new adventures and share time with family and friends.  I am also thanful to have this week to spend some special time with our two youngest.


Throughout the weekend as I listened to public radio my thoughts and prayers were with those in Japan that are facing such horrors and losses that we cannot even comprehend. Life is truly fragile and such a gift at the same time.


Warm wishes,
Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment