Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Creative Outdoor Play

This little outdoor play area has seen so many playtime meals and the "mother" and "father" busily at work cooking up stews and cakes.
We placed them under some maple trees in a little corner set apart near one of our gardens.

We used a large log piece for the table and 4 smaller logs for the chairs. 

One day I heard Sarah call out to Abraham, "Husband, go fetch me more water." 
She later told me that her husband is a hardworking man. 

Such sweet memories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be sure to check out the just released today, Autumn Issue of Rhythm of the Home - it is free and filled with beautiful inspiration.

Warm wishes, Tonya

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! Def. creating wonderful homekeeping memories in your little ones!!!

    So sweet and creative!!!

    ~Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. When I was a child we had an orchard in the back of our yard and we used to play restaurant with the fruit that would fall. Thank you for the memories this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this idea! I believe we may 'steal' it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee, that is too cute. I love that her husband is a hardworking man. Did her comply to her request? She is too funny and I love that outdoor play area.
    I took a peek at ROTH and it is wonderful. I definitely so much to try and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neighbor had a huge maple cut down and I was too late to ask for some stumps before the tree-guy sent it through the chipper :-( I have always wanted to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, how sweet is your daughter:) I love their table what a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a wonderful playset...so much creativity. I loved when my kids used to play dress up and pretend. They would entertain themselves for hours with playing grown-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable...I want to play too. x

    ReplyDelete