Monday, August 30, 2010

Handmade Holiday - 2010

Kim from Our Journey 'Round the Mulberry Bush has shared a wonderful post here - Finding What You Are Good At - and relating it to creating.


I found a post from 2009 from Emily of Watkins Every Flavor Bean, a new participant to the Handmade Holiday, sharing her handmade holiday.

Here is a picture of her little one with a stuffed owl she created.


Finally, a visitor to Plain and Joyful Living, Josie of Boys in the Woods, left a comment sharing another terrific handmade idea for teenage boys which I just love.

"The best gift I have made for a teenage boy ever was one I made for my younger brother. I found an old record, can't remember what it was, and bought a clock mechanism which I put through the middle. Hey presto, a very cool wall clock for a bedroom wall."

Please share if you have any thoughts, posts or ideas for a Handmade Holiday and again, just leave a comment if you would like to be included in the list of participants.

Thanks so much and warm wishes,
Tonya

7 comments:

  1. We're doing a week of Handmade Holiday Goodness over at Twig and Toadstool! Hope you make it over for a gander.
    xo maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these posts and would like to join... i'm hoping to make an organic sherpa teddy bear for my daughter in the next few weeks... with hot pink clothes. her birthday and hanukkah fall very close together.

    have a beautiful Monday!

    warmly
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun projects! Thanks for sharing! Did I mention an idea for a Princess and the Pea play set-just sew up some rectangles of cute fabric and stuff them. You can make a paper doll of the Princess or a felted one, and don't forget the pea. I will be including the book too. After seeing the Three Bears idea, I think you could do a story kit for almost any little story.
    I am going to attempt the Princess and the Pea. I'll let you know if I think I make a 'bed' to go with it.
    Thanks for sharing these great ideas!
    Peace, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely links to some fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh i've seen those record clocks! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you include me in the list of participants? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post Tonya, thank you for sharing this goodness! I have some craft tutorials up and many more in the works that will be great for gifts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete