Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New in our Handwork Shop



After seeing tutorials for these on various blogs and in Living Crafts magazine, our family just knew it was something that we needed to add to our shop. We have an abundance of beautiful birch trees on our homestead so it just seemed natural that we would use birch for our buttons.

We have finished up quite a few sets and have added them to our shop.
But truly, it makes a wonderful project for you to do and you can even include your children to help with the drilling and rubbing the beeswax on, depending on their ages.

For those that don't want to saw, we have added sets of button blanks to our shop. These are not drilled nor finished.

I use the buttons for little purses, hat closures, and on vests I knit.


Enjoy. Warm wishes, Tonya

15 comments:

  1. I love them, especially how you have sewn them onto a piece of birch bark. Nature provides us with so much, doesn't it?!

    :)Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to make. Yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful! You have inspired me to knit something button-worthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have seen these and wanted to make some. Thank you for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birch trees...and these make for some special buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mama was just suggesting i make these

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them. I looked in the shop too, I may be needing some of those someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are just beautiful Tonya and how perfect that yu have an ample supply of Birch :) Thanks for sharing :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use branch buttons on some of my designs and they are just beautiful! Thanks for posting. I may have my kids make them instead of buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...:)

    I love the look of wooden buttons.

    I would love to make some wooden buttons one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! I've been after my husband to make us some of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my birthday goals this year is to knit a sweater. I am so going to look these up when the time comes. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birch trees are my favorite trees!
    What a beautiful idea Tonya, so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love your woodcrafts. we have done quite a few similar things with eucalyptus, which is a prolific non-native around here. i love the clean look of your birch, though!

    ReplyDelete